Re: LARGE DATABASES-UNIX SUN SOLARIS 2.4

From: Jim Olsen <jolsen_at_atl.mindspring.com>
Date: 1996/01/30

sk001sp_at_crimson.ihg.uni-duisburg.de (Martin Spott) wrote:

>Mary McDonald (mmcdonal_at_harris.com) wrote:

>: [...] I've heard that for a Sun Solaris2.4 unix
>: server the filesizes may not be any bigger than 2gig's??

>Do you really have to write Oracle data into filesystems ? I know an
>installation using Sybase on Solaris 2.4, writing their data into raw
>partitions bigger than 2 GB. I would expect this to be possible with Oracle
>too.

Oracle does not support larger than 2 gigabyte datafiles within 7.2 or less for solaris 2.4. You can create larger than 2 gig tablespaces, but you must piece many datafiles together using alter tablespace xxx add datafile 'sldjkjlkfsd';

>Martin.
>--
>EMail: I prefer correspondence to: Martin.Spott_at_onyx.dirnet.com
> If necessary, business mail can be sent to: Martin.Spott_at_uni-duisburg.de
> Maus: Martin Spott _at_ DU3
>Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just selective about who it's friends are !

jolsen_at_mindspring.com
jolsen_at_equifax.com Received on Tue Jan 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message