gcc and Oracle

From: Patrick Draper <pdrap_at_ctp.com>
Date: 1996/01/24

Hi,

I have a simple question. Is gcc compatible with Oracle? If it is not, why is it not?

I had a difficult time linking my C++ program with the Oracle libraries when it was compiled with gcc. In fact, I never got it to work.

Compilation and linking was no sweat when I used Sun's compiler on the same sourece code, so I know that name mangling wasn't the problem.

Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

 /\/\ |Patrick Draper                        Mr. Order, he runs at a|
/ /_.\|Cambridge Technology Partners, Inc.      good pace, but old  |
\  /./|e-mail: pdrap_at_ctp.com                      Mother chaos is   |
 \/\/ |Stockholm, Sweden                          winning the race. |