Re: Power Objects (Blaze or Blazing Saddles?)

From: 3rihel$r46_at_warp.cris.com <102134.3627_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/01/24

Ennio;

Blaze v.1.0 is really not intended for deployment. Although it's there and you can use it, you have encountered the major drawback...blaze is not fast. At least not yet. The best use of Blaze is for local look-up tables. Since you can connect to multiple sessions with OPO, you can do LOV type lookups for static data using Blaze without going across your network, allowing you to build client-heavy apps but saving network traffic time.

Blaze 2 (Blazier???) will be much better, in addition to providing support for concatenated primary keys which 1.0 does not do.

In the meantime, my recommendation is use PO7. It is natively supported by OPO and fast as the dickens on our machines (we use win95 as well).

Hope that helps.

Dan Hinkle
President
Mid-Atlantic Oracle Users Group Received on Wed Jan 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message