Re: Does Oracle 6 and Oracle 7 interfere with each other

From: Michel Durand Basha Zapatka <durand_at_fast.net>
Date: 1996/01/18

Chris Xia wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> We are going to install Oracle 7 (v7.1.4) to one of our servers (Sun Sparc20, Solaris
> 2.3), which currently has two instances of Oracle 6 runing on it. In the planning
> session, One of our system adminstraters mentioned that Oralce 6 and Oracle 7 may
> interfere with each other due to the Shared Memeory. Personally, I don't agree,
>The only problem I have encountered is to be careful not to install the
same tools (sqlforms...) of the same version twice in shared memory. V7 can use SqlForms 3.0 that comes with v6 without any problem, but do not install the one that comes with v7 at the same time. Good luck
Michel durand_at_fast.net Received on Thu Jan 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message