F.orms 4.x Programming Question: Window toggling?

From: Wayne Little <R_W_Wayne_Little_at_rl.gov>
Date: 1996/01/11

How can one test to see if a "window" is open? GET_WINDOW_PROPERTY doesn't have a status.

We have buttons that bring up NON-modal pop-up windows (tied to a key in the main window). These pop-up windows sometimes get put to the "back" when the background of the main window is clicked on. This can be confusing for the users. We'd like a way either to prevent this, or to get them back to the window in the same state (with any changes they've made).

Possible solutions would be -
1) Figure out how to capture or deactivate a click on the background of the main window. This is normal MS-Windows type action, so we doubt we can lick it this way.
2) Allow the user to return to the pop-up by clicking again on the button that brings up the pop-up. To accomplish this we would like a way to test if the window is already open, so if it is, we can just switch to it rather than running thru the code that brings it up initially and populates it (this works, but if there were changes made, then the prompt for committing them is given & then the data is requeried).

This has to do with our design where we have buttons on the main window that are used by all the pop-ups; therefore we can't make the pop-ups modal. We've tried checking the block status (contained in the window) for "CHANGED" and then doing a SHOW-WINDOW, but this gives inconsistent results.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Wayne Little, Boeing Computer Services - Richland Internet: wayne_little_at_FEP0.RL.GOV

"God loves each of us, as if there were only one of us." Augustine Received on Thu Jan 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message