Re: What's does oracle have that others don't?

From: Dr. Stefan Brunthaler <brun_at_news.drb.insel.de>
Date: 1996/01/11

In article <4cq3l9$e7l_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, Jgreene <jgreene_at_aol.com> wrote:
>[...]
>
>Which brings me to my final point. None of us (except maybe Bill Gates
>and Larry Ellison) control the market, but we have to live with what it
>does to us. Those that stuck with Word Perfect because they thought
>Microsoft was evil even when the rest of the industry was moving to MS
>Word hurt themselves and their users. Also, "experts" in products that
>have died off find it hard to get work.

So, just swim with the stream and live happily...

>In summary, what does Oracle have that others do not? It has got market
>share and a strong development commitment. While no one can predict the
>future with absolute certainty (and some better company may come along and
>drive Oracle out of business),

Why should this ever happen when everybody swims with the stream? Maybe because Bill and Larry grow old and get tired of playing gods of market...

> these two things lead me to believe that
>the one thing that Oracle has that the others may not is a bright future,
>both for itself as a company and for those who have mastered its
>intricacies and therefore become highly employable.
>
>[... getting down off my soap box ...]

Better for the free world.

Grrrreetings,
Stefan B.

PS: The above is my opinion and not the opinion of my employees (8-) Received on Thu Jan 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message