Re: Sybase 11 TPCC on DEC (your comments please)

From: Graeme Sargent <graeme_at_uk.pyramid.com>
Date: 1996/01/11

In article <4csd5u$p39_at_xmission.xmission.com>, butlerm_at_xmission.xmission.com (Mark David Butler) wrote:

> In article <4cf1c6$io_at_nova.dimensional.com>,
> The Right Reverend Colin James III <cjames_at_melchizedek.cec-services.com>
 wrote:

> >By contrast, my linear extrapolation of 7580 tpm should be scaled up
> >by 10 to 75,800 tpm which would be about 7-times _faster_, at least,
> >than Sybase.
> >
> >Even less impressed with Sybase now.
>
> Excuse me, but the tpm rating that you measured (as described in
> your original posting) has absolutely nothing to do with the tpmC rating
> as measured by the TPC-C benchmark.

The guy is obviously a pillock. So much of a pillock, in fact, that if you invest your valuable time in attempting to educate him by email, rather than embarrassing him with a public posting, then you get an auto-generated reply telling you that he can't be bothered to read his email!

Don't waste your time with him.

(That a so called "Principal Scientist" would espouse such pseudo-scientific claptrap amazes me!)

graeme

--
Disclaimer: The author's opinions are his own, and not necessarily
            those of Pyramid Technology Ltd or Pyramid Technology Inc