Re: SELECT in DELETE trigger

From: PKelley772 <pkelley772_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/01/05

 re Ora-4091 - "table is mutating, trigger or function may not see it." raised on a row-level trigger:

I have worked around this exception as follows (idea from Oracle support):

It is possible in each firing of a row trigger to save values from that row in plsql tables declared in a package. Then, in an after statement trigger, walk the plsql tables and take action as needed, having bypassed the original mutation.. I do this using a before-statement trigger to initialize an index (package variable); a before or after row trigger to push data to the plsql tables, and an after statement trigger to walk the plsql tables and push data to other tables based on the data in the tables.

Paul Kelley Received on Fri Jan 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message