Re: Power Objects: Why so slow?

From: Michael Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com>
Date: 1996/01/02

In article <res1-3112950838390001_at_ivyland49.voicenet.com>, res1_at_voicenet.com (Alan Reinhart) wrote:

> WOW! My favorite question!! Please check out Omnis 7.3.2 from Blyth
> Software. They have a great web page at www.blyth.com. You can have a
> PPC Native development environ that will knock the sox of OPO!!

Are you concerned about building long-term applications with Omnis? Several people at large companies tell me they haven't heard of it and thus aren't interested. Blyth has been in financial trouble before, but I don't know their current state. When I monitored the discussions on CompuServe a couple of years ago there were significant complaints about tech support and data corruption. One company that wrote a financial application in Omnis is actively looking to port it away out of concern of the long-term health of Blyth. I don't mean to bash or anything, I'm just curious. Thanks,

Michael Kranzdorf                                    mikek_at_krt.com
Kranzco Realty Trust       http://www.krt.com         610.941.9292