Re: Power Objects Problem: PFW-4002 with repeaters containing a popup

From: Rick Greenwald <greenie_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1995/12/29

Henkjan -

>1. I cannot directly reach for the popup - and subsequently the
> UpdateList-Method - through the Object-hierarchy:
> I've tried "form-name-> repeater-name-> popup-name-> updatelist()"
> and "form-name-> repeater-name-> repeater-panel-name-> popup-name->
> updatelist()".
> I believe the last one to be correct, but in executing the code I get
> nothing but errors indicating that the object is not found (yes i'm
> running the full application, not just the form). I am forced to use
> the indirect method of accessing this popup with the Firstchild and the
> NextControl methods. Not Nice.

See next answer. If you can set the Translate property, it should be OK.

>2. In achieving an update for a popup (not just this popup, but also popups
> appearing directly on a form) I first have to fill the Translation
> property - even if I'm using the same "SELECT" statement - before i can
> use "UpdateList". If "UpdateList" is used by itself nothing happens.
> This seems to be a little overdone: just calling "UpdateList" should
> suffice to achieve an updated popup-list.

If you are setting the Translate property, you don't have to do an UpdateList(). From my experience, UpdateList() is automatically done when you set the Translate property. I have used UpdateList() to update the values for a list box when the recordset for the listbox has been changed with Record Manager calls.

>What's wrong with this picture? Is it a bug or is it a feature - and why?.

Always a difficult question with Power Objects - I respectfully pass.

  • Rick Greenwald Co-author of forthcoming (really soon, really!) "Oracle Power Objects Developer's Guide" from Oracle Press