Rollback Segment Management Question

From: Francois Lachance <francois.lachance_at_sasknet.sk.ca>
Date: 1995/12/28

I have a question regarding the management of rollback segments.

I have been told by Oracle Tech. support that it is not a good idea to keep the rollback segments maxed out at 121 extents, but didn't quiet understood why. Tech support told me that I should drop the rollback segments that had reached 121 and re-create them.

Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the rollback segments that have reached 121 extents where they're at. That way there wouldn't be any overhead with expending the segments since they have already reached the maximum size?

Any suggestion?

Francois Lachance

 Francois Lachance				Phone: (306) 787-4724
 Data Administrator				Fax:   (306) 787-5454
 Saskatchewan Highways and Transportation  1855 Victoria Avenue
 Regina, SK S4P 3V5
 Canada Received on Thu Dec 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message