Help - Win32s Error on PO7 install for WFW 3.11????

From: Raymond Bowers <rbowers1_at_csc.com>
Date: 1995/12/27

I am attempting to load Personal Oracle 7 onto a new Pentium 100Mhz machine for testing Oracle and other software. When I install Oracle on the new PC and then try and start the database, it bombs out with the following error:

                             Win32s - Error
                              ORACLE71.EXE
 Unhandled Exception Detected.  (Code: 0xC000001D ORACLE71.EXE: 85D8D)
                       Application will be terminated.

  This machine has a fresh installation of DOS 6.22, and Windows for Workgroups 3.11 with Novell on it to access our net. Since I was not sure if the download worked right, I borrowed the CD for Personal Oracle 7 v 7.1.4.1.OC from another project here on the floor to try and see if that would work instead. I had it mounted on the net's CD drive and tried the install again. Yes, I even installed Win32s . . .

  After installing from the CD, same problem. I go to warm up the database, type in the DB password and a little later get the above error message and get booted out of Windows. I have checked the install notes, the web site and I am at a total loss. 32 MB of ram, 1GB drive space, Win 32s (yes, freecell does work fine). Brand new government machine straight off a contract with EDS (some brand called Micronics Nucleus?????).

  Only special software I have loaded is the Disk Manager from Fask Track because I have a 1GB drive in the machine. Other than that, I consider it a typical install . . .

  Any pointers or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ray Bowers
703-914-8422

---
rbowers1_at_csc.com
http://www.hal.com/services/juggle/home/rbowers1_at_csc.com
Unsolicited commercial and mass email messages will be subject to a receival,
 processing, and/or archiving fee of $1 US per byte.   Payable upon demand.
***  Sending such to this address constitutes acceptance of these terms.  ***