Re: auto-starting Oracle on NT?

From: Your Name Here <you_at_somehost.somedomain>
Date: 1995/12/22

In article <30D9EF83.40B9_at_mind.net>, Bruce Robertson <brucer_at_mind.net> says:

>We would like to free up our DBA at night when the power
>bounces and our NT server restarts. She's complaining that
>dialing in to start the database is stupid. Is there a way
>to configure Oracle to start up by itself?

You can got into WINDOWS NT Microsoft Diagnostics, got to Services, look for Oracle, and type in AUTOMATIC for startup type.

The smartest thing to do is to get a UPS (Uninterrupable Power Supply) for the server. Then you don't have to worry. Received on Fri Dec 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message