Re: Running Multiple Instances under Netware

From: Strategic Data Systems <sds_at_dataplusnet.com>
Date: 1995/12/22

In article <4bbla5$eo2_at_clyde.open.ac.uk>, cjg2_at_student.open.ac.uk_at_open.ac.uk says...

>I am wanting to run multiple instances on a oracle netware server but cannot
>work out how to do it. Could anyone help?
>
>I have het up a new init file canned demo.ora with a new database name in it
>I have set the parameter in the netware config.ora to TRUE to allow multiple
>instances.
>Then I loaded sqldba and did a set instance demo
>and a connect internal then a startup pfile=demo.ora nomount
>but this still seems to big up the default null instance.
>
>What else do I need to do?
>
>I am running netware 3.12, Oracle 7.1 and sqlspx v1.1
>Dos/os2and windows clients all access ther server.
>
>Please can anyone help?

You can only have ONE instance of Oracle under Netware 3.x.

Does Netware 4.x handle more than one? I don't know.

Does anyone have an answer to 4.x and multiple instances?

Scott Overby
sds_at_dataplusnet.com Received on Fri Dec 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message