Re: auto-starting Oracle on NT?

From: Mohamad Nazri Shuib <mnshuib_at_gware.po.my>
Date: 1995/12/22

In article <30D9EF83.40B9_at_mind.net>, Bruce Robertson <brucer_at_mind.net> says:

>We would like to free up our DBA at night when the power
>bounces and our NT server restarts. She's complaining that
>dialing in to start the database is stupid. Is there a way
>to configure Oracle to start up by itself?

There are bulletins that you look through in the Oracle Home Page (www.oracle.com) under the heading: Installation Assistance.

Briefly, this is how it goes:

  1. Go into the Services Control Panel and make sure that Oracle services are automaticcally started.
  2. Create a batch file called 'STARTUP.BAT' in the ORANT\RDBMSXX directory containing the following:
	ORASRV sidname -ORA -START
	ORASRV sidname -NMP -START
	ORASRV sidname -TCP -START

3. Create a file called 'STARTUP.SQL' in the ORANT\RDBMSXX directory

   containing the following:

	CONNECT INTERNAL/password
	STARTUP
	EXIT

4. Run the registry editor REGEDT32 and go down the following tree:

   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> MICROSOFT -> WINDOWSNT -> CURRENT    VERSION -> WINLOGON
   Edit the System entry and add a line that executes the STARTUP.BAT    e.g. C:\ORANT\RDBMSXX\STARTUP.BAT

There are variations of the steps and commang depending on SQL*Net version etc. Refer to Appendix G of the Oracle 7.1 Installation and User Guide for more details or the Oracle Home Page as mentioned above

Hope this helps. Received on Fri Dec 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message