Re: CREATE PROFILE / SESSIONS_PER_USER?

From: Andrew McAllister <mcallister_at_grad.missouri.edu>
Date: 1995/12/22

In article <4bcng7$4e9_at_lore.interserv.net> deangup_at_admin.ci.seattle.wa.us writes:
>From: deangup_at_admin.ci.seattle.wa.us
>Subject: CREATE PROFILE / SESSIONS_PER_USER?
>Date: 21 Dec 1995 22:35:51 GMT

snip
>I hoped to deal with this problem with a profile limit. To test the idea, I created a profile with a
>SESSIONS_PER_USER limit of 1 concurrent session, and assigned it to a userid. However, I was then
>able to open three sessions from that userid. I had hoped it would stop me when I tried to connect a
>second time.
snip

You must add the following line to your initXXXX.ora file: RESOURCE_LIMIT = TRUE Then shutdown and startup the server.
Oracle does not enable resource limits by default.

Andy
Andrew McAllister
Office of Research
University of Missouri-Columbia
mcallister_at_grad.missouri.edu Received on Fri Dec 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message