Oracle Mobile Agent Revision 1.0

From: Paul W Woodbury <pww_at_world.std.com>
Date: 1995/12/20

In an attemp to solve a performance problem with a client server app that I must run over a poor WAN connection, I have heard of a product called
"Oracle Mobile Agents Version 1.1".
It has a message manager talking to the application locally at the client PC or workstation. This message manager communicates in a very efficient way with the "Message Gateway" located at the other side of the WAN. The message gateway talks to the agents located at the application or database server utilizing LAN environment. The agents have so called "Custom Transaction Handlers" that have to be written using the developers kit, that ORACLE delivers with the product, and which then perform the actions on the database or other applications.

Does anybody have experience with this product, is my discription close to the truth?

Thanks in advance Received on Wed Dec 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message