Re: Stack overflow running Personal Oracle7

From: Simon Paul at Maverick <simonp_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/12/20

It was noted that mikael_at_lule.frontec.se (Mikael) wrote:
>I have a stackproblem that occurs when I use the oracle tools after installing
>Personal Oracle7 for windows on a COMPAQ DESKPRO XE 560. It's a pentium 60 mhz
>with 24 Mb RAM.

>When running the Oracle tools, such as the database manager, oracle71.exe goes
>down with a message that a stack overflow occured. This occurs randomly.
>Sometimes I can startup the database and then for instance startup the object
>manager before it fails and I have to reboot.

This stack overflow is probably being caused by your video driver...

To test that, set the video driver in Windows to plain "VGA" and reboot. That should work...

Simon Paul
Maverick Computing
Oracle & Oracle Financials Consultants
phone 305 592 9990 fax: 305 592 9974
simonp_at_ix.netcom.com OR 73302,1014 on compuserve Received on Wed Dec 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message