Re: Oracle on NT: DEC Alpha or Compaq Proliant???

From: <Juha.Petaja_at_ntc.nokia.com>
Date: 1995/12/20

>I think it runs on Alpha's but under DEC's version of UNIX not NT.
>Jim Kennedy

Until this far only decent support for NT has been on intel platform ! Can you actually get Oracle WS on APLHA - or would it be running it on emulator - in which case you lose all the speed Aplha has going for it.

I have 5 Compaq proliant servers (1000 - 1500 60mhz-100mhz) running Oracle (5 - 20 clients) and have CPU time left to patience on servers.

J Received on Wed Dec 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message