Re: Oracle on NT: DEC Alpha or Compaq Proliant???

From: Antony Sampson <sampson_at_dtf.sa.gov.au>
Date: 1995/12/19

odysscci_at_teleport.com (Jim Kennedy) wrote:

<SNIIIIIIP>

>>Last I heard, (admittedly some time ago) Oracle only supported NT on
>>Intel platforms, not Alpha or MIPS. HAs this changed?

>>Jim Smith jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk
>>Oracle DBA

>I think it runs on Alpha's but under DEC's version of UNIX not NT.
>Jim Kennedy

I gather that Oracle7 server for NT on the alpha platform has just gone production, we are waiting for delivery even as I type.

cheers,

Tony Sampson
DBA/software terrorist, South Australian Government Financing Authority sampson_at_dtf.sa.gov.au
                   The unnatural, that too is natural.
                                  Goethe