Re: Developer/2000 strengths, was Re: Power Objects - Is there a

From: Pauli Salmu <p.salmu_at_mn.medstroms.se>
Date: 1995/12/17

Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com> wrote:

> I am writing and debugging a Form module that collects selection criteria
> from the user, then launches a Report module, passing parameters.
> So here's what I need to run:
>
> Forms Designer: To edit the Form module
> Forms Runtime: Launched by Forms Designer to test the Form module
> Reports Designer: To edit the Report module
> Reports Server: Launched by Forms Runtime to run the Report module
> SQL*Plus: To check the actual data to compare with the report output
> Any text editor: To create commands to paste into SQL*Plus
>
> My disk heads never stop moving, even with 24 megabytes of physical RAM.

No wonder. Especially debugging Forms seems to be very resource hungry. So despite that we at last have a real debugger available, we still use the old method with messages when adequate because generating a temporary version is now lightning fast. Received on Sun Dec 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message