Re: TRUNCATE TABLE problem...

From: John Malathronas <John_at_scroll.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/12/17

We had the same problem with 7.1.0.x and this apparently works in versions above 7.1.3. Try granting DROP ANY TABLE instead of DELETE ANY TABLE.

By the way this worked in 7.0.x simply by granting delete access to a table.

In article: <4ausc3$pl3_at_inet-nntp-gw-1.us.oracle.com> tkyte_at_us.oracle.com (Thomas J Kyte) writes:

> It absolutely works in 7.1.3. I just did it.
>
> You must either own the table or have the DELETE ANY TABLE privelege.
>

> David Lewis <David.W.Lewis_at_DaytonOh.attgis.com> wrote:
>
> >We had the same problem. Truncating another schemas tables is not supported
> >in 7.1.3, period!
> >==========Joe Nardone, 12/14/95==========

> >I'm having a problem (well, two, one major, one minor)
> >trying to TRUNCATE a table owned by another user.

> >(same problem in both 7.0.16 and 7.2.2)
>
> Thomas Kyte
> tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Government

John Malathronas       | My opinions are my own, so I change them daily. +
john_at_scroll.demon.co.uk| "Only fools learn from their own mistakes " +