Re: LookUp TABLE(s)

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1995/12/16

Roy,

We have a bunch of small ( <one db block ) lookup tables, because the legacy system we converted from had it that way. However, in hindsight, it would probably been advantageous to put them all into one big table, with a primary key column being the table identifier.

This would have enabled more generic lookup code, and would have saved a bunch of disk space, and would have cut the total number of tables maintained in half.

Be careful if you lump a bunch of them into one--if you use forms list-of-values, make sure your new setup can be accomodated.

HTH
Steve Cosner