Re: Oracle Training

From: Charles Crow <us018166_at_interramp.com>
Date: 1995/12/16

I found that on site training has been the best. If you can afford for Oracle to come to your location and customize their training to your environment, do so. Make sure you talk to the trainer well in advance and tell that person what area of the course you want them to concentrate on. If possible, have them train on your system and YOU help them setup the enviroment. Require hands on training !!! (MAKE SURE IN ADVANCE THINGS ARE WORKING !!! DO NOT ACCEPT --- SYSTEM IS DOWN, I'LL LECTURE AND YOU CAN GET HANDS ON LATER.) If you can not afford on site training
ask Oracle if they have an opening at another site simliar to yours. This can be very cost effective and you can make some very good long term work contacts.

Also, Get Oracle contacts ASAP ! Join your local Oracle user group. I was able to get a free week long Oracle course because a friend from the user group informed me of a last minute on-site opening at his Corp. Good luck. Received on Sat Dec 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message