Re: [Q] Generating multiple forms with Forms4.5

From: Jay Mehta <71034.261_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1995/12/15

Paul,

Windows 3.1 doesn't offer batch processing capability, and that's a problem. I am not aware of any third party batch processing utility for Windows 3.1.

A friend of mine tried a work around that utilizes the fact that all programs in Startup group are executed at Windows startup. This could be your batch processor. Maybe you might do something like this: Copy Forms Generator 4.5 icon to Startup group; change properties to include form name, user names and password; do the same for as many forms as you want; Re-start windows, and don't forget to erase all generate icons from Startup group when done or rename Startup group. Not an elegant solution at all, but this maybe more efficient than generating one form at a time!

Let me know if you know of any batch processor for Windows.

Regrads,

Jay Mehta
Database Administrator
Mobil Oil
Fairfax, VA Received on Fri Dec 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message