Re: Why LONG field limit??

From: Alexander V. Lukyanov <lav_at_yars.free.net>
Date: 1995/12/15

Michael Irene (multipro_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: I'm in the middle of converting a MS Access database to Oracle. Have
: already encountered a stumbling block: Oracle only allows one LONG
: field per table. Since I have a table that contains 15 LONG type
: equivilents (memo fields), I must now create 15 additional tables and
: alter all my queries accordingly. Just curious, does anyone know why
: Oracle imposes this limit? Are there any plans to change this limit in
: upcoming releases?

I think you can walk this around by creating 15 tables and a view on them. You will not need to change your queries, just name the view as the original table.

---
Alexander Lukyanov
lav_at_video.yars.free.net