PowerBuilder Hangs in Oracle

From: Ed Jennings <jennings_at_dca.net>
Date: 1995/12/13

HELP!!!! I'm using PowerBuilder as my client and Oracle 7.2 as my database. Occassionally (2-3 times per day) PowerBuilder hangs while accessing the database. It got pretty ugly with SQLNet1; it almost always left locks in place that had to be released manually. It is better with DQLNet2; the shadow process dies and locks are released. But this doesn't solve the problem. Does anyone know why PowerBuilder is having this problem???I've exhausted my resources and still don't have a cause. PowerBuilder believes it is network related; but I'm not sure I buy this. No other client (Delphi or JAM) experiences the problem, and all three are on the same ring. Any suggestions??

jennings_at_dca.net Received on Wed Dec 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message