Re: Delete command and commit

From: Phil Chang <PXCHANG0_at_WCC.COM>
Date: 1995/12/05

If you want to delete _all the rows_ in the table, you can truncate the table.

e.g. truncate table xyz;

Note - there is no rollback option when you truncate a table, and it's all or nothing (no partial truncate).BTW, it also commits any uncommited transactions you may have hanging.

You can also create a larger rollback segment, if you haven't tried that already.

YMMV, Phil

In article <30C4DED2.4F65_at_ttgroup.fi>, Mika Niiranen <mika.niiranen_at_ttgroup.fi> says: