Re: Delete command and commit

From: Gerry Flemming <nstn3240_at_fox.nstn.ca>
Date: 1995/12/06

Mika Niiranen <mika.niiranen_at_ttgroup.fi> wrote:

>Hi,

>I have a table with 100 000 rows and I have tried to delete all the
>rows, but rollback segment becomes full and delete command fails.

>I tried to use Oracle's autocommit feature (set autocommit immediate),
>but same thing happens...

>Is there easy way to delete all the rows?

> -= Mika =-

The easiest way to delete ALL the rows in a table, yet retain the table information (definations/indexes/grants/etc.) is to use TRUNCATE TABLE xxxx
It's a DDL statement that Doesn't use Rollback or commit, but remember, once executed, there's no going back.

Gerry Flemming
nstn3240_at_fox.nstn.ca
Datacor/ISM
Moncton, NB CANADA Received on Wed Dec 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message