Re: Two Drive Oracle Installation?

From: Lawrence V. Rohrer <lrohrer_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1995/12/04

matt.lih_at_trw.com (Matthew M. Lih) wrote:
>I know Oracle likes a lot of disks, but I've only got two
>available on a Sun Solaris platform. What do people recommend
>in terms of file placement if you only have two disks?

BTW in some benchmarks I have done on a six processor Sparc 1000 with only 2 1/2 disk drives available I was able to achieve over 40,000 transactions an hour. YES this system was I/O bound -- 20% of the CPU was still available. But I hope it will encourage you that high performance is still possible...

Lawrence V. Rohrer
1500 Adams #105
Costa Mesa, California 92626
lrohrer_at_earthlink.net