Re: Two Drive Oracle Installation?

From: <Anonymous>
Date: 1995/12/15

Mathew,

          With 2 disks, one way of splitting details would be

	Disk 1				Disk 2
	---------------			----------
	Table Data			Indexes
	Rollback Segments			Log Files
	Control file1			Control File 2

Swapping Rollback segments and Log Files could make a difference, but given the limitation of 2 disks, one way or the other, there would still be a slight overhead.

Hope this helps
Sunny George

Don't bother replying, today is my last day in office, Good Luck

=========="Matthew M. Lih", 12/14/95========== Mathew wrote,

This actually sounds like a three drive installation. In which case, I thought
the three control files should be split up one for each disk, and the redo logs
handled in a similar manner. Agreed, the user data and indexes should be split
to different disks.

I started this thread a while ago, but I haven't seen an answer. I only have two drives *total*, which includes the system disk. I can't get another disk. Where should I put my files?

Matthew M. Lih
Software Lead, SAIN Project
TRW Data Technologies Division