Re: Oracle 7 - Indexes ?

From: Virag Saksena <vsaksena_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/12/01

Yep,

        The index would be used by that session for querying those rows. Index create is a DDL statement and so any statement which is candidate for using the index will use it after the index has been created. If the table has no rows (as other sessions see it ) then they will return 0 rows but the session which has done the inserts and not committed will actually see the rows using the index. You can actually check this by monitoring the blocks being accessed by your query.

Virag

Virag Saksena                                         vsaksena_at_us.oracle.com
Senior Consultant                                     415.506.5087
System Performance Group
Oracle Services