Re: New to SQL

From: Suman Guha <ssoman_at_txcam.amd.com>
Date: 1995/11/30

> Hi !
>
> I have a problem. I'm trying to write a SQL statement to recive alla
> customers names for the 6000 best customers who has bought articels
> during 1995.

> My two databas tabels looks like this

> Customer Order
> ___________ ____________
> customerID CustomerID
> Name TotalAmount (since the customer became a customer in > the system)
> OrderNumber
> ShipedDate

>I would be very glad if someone could help me with this.

> Jost Werdenhoff
> Mda94jwe_at_rby.hk-r.se

I don't quite understand your table definitions. If total amount is the cumulative amount, then how can you have multiple orderno.and shipped date in the same row ?

Assuming total_amount to be a cumulative staement: (One record per customer in Order table) Try the following statement:

Select a.name, b.totalamount
  from customer a, order b
 where a.customerid=b.customerid
   and 59 < (select count(*) from

               order c
              where c.totalamount > b.totalamount
                and c.customerid <> b.customerid)

Hope this solves your problem.

Cheers,

Suman. Received on Thu Nov 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message