Re: Memory for Personal Oracle 7

From: Steven Pilgrim <steve_at_llap.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/11/30

enduser_at_enduser.com (EndUser) wrote:

>running oracle on a pc takes at least 16m, no argument.
>running oracle on a pc with OPO or other tools takes at
>least 16m, and possible more.

>--

>In article <49cseg$1bh_at_tomcat.sasknet.sk.ca>, Tim Hase
><hase_at_derm.gov.sk.ca> wrote:

>> I would strongly aggree that you need at least 16MB. Even with that it
>> was swaping to the HD regulary and you spend significant time waiting for
>> things to happen. I found that the time you wait is directoy related to
>> the CPU as well. We ran it on a 486/25 and P90. I know there is a big
>> diff. but even the P90 was slugging with PO7.
>>
>> Tim Hase

It runs on my machine with 16MB, it also runs all the Developer/2000 and Discoverer/2000 tools. My swap file is set to 55MB and I have a P75 plus RAM doubler.

I haven't found any GPF's as yet, Data*Query 4 required some database tweeks. Oh, and PL/SQL is not installed on the database - I am only using it for simple trials at the moment.

regards,
Steve Received on Thu Nov 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message