Re: Null values in Oracle

From: DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM <(DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 1995/11/26

k921099_at_kingston.ac.uk (Khalid Habibulla) writes:

>I am looking for information on how Oracle(SQL) supports the use of
>NULL values. It is needed for a comprehensive guide. Could anyone please
>point me to the right direction. (Is there a page available for net about
>Oracle related articles such as this ?).

>kind regards,
>Khalid

Sorry, but the subject line made me crazy!!!!!!!

NULL IS NOT A VALUE.....it is "unknown". It is NOT blank, spaces, zero, or anything else one would remotely consider a value. There are reams written about the quality of NULL; a decent library search should reveal articles from the various IEEE journals, Data Base Programming & Design, DBMS, etc. as well as virtually all the ORACLE books.

Dagmar Anne Bogan

Kopania & Komorovsky          Specializing in Data Architecture
Richardson, TX  75081         and Performance Engineering

dagmara_at_delphi.com Received on Sun Nov 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message