Re: SQL*LOADER problem

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/11/21

parris_at_walleye.esp.bellcore.com (Parris Geiser) wrote:

>Hi,
> I have a table with over 100 columns that I'm trying to load.
> When I do the load, on one of the data entries I get a message
> from the loader that one of the columns is too long. But, it
> doesn't tell me which one. To go thru all of the columns will
> be rather time consuming and I suspect that I might have more than
> one record with this problem.

> Does anyone know of an easy way to find out which entry is
> actually in error?

> Thanks,
> parris

This is strange. I recently had the same problem loading into an Orale 7.1.6 database. But SQL*Loader reported both the errant record # and column name as part of the .log file.

The exact text was...

Record 388306: Rejected - Error on table PAID_ACCPAY, column INVOICE_NO
ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!