Re: Forms 4.5 and PowerBuilder Co-existing?

From: Dave Heissner <dheissner_at_thomtech.com>
Date: 1995/11/17

Beth,

You would have few problems integrating apps which were built in 'Open' tools (VB, Delphi, PB etc..). These have standard ways to run other programs and/or call Windows DLLs. As far as I know Forms was not constructed to be a Windows application first...just try calling a dll in Forms/Developer2000 somthing so simple has been made into a nightmare by Oracles approach. Forms/Dev2000 primary focus is to provide quick access to Oracle (oracle only), be cross platform and use a repository based / CASE architecture. My point is integrating this type of tool with others is difficult since it has a completly differnt focus and does not provide strong windows support...good luck.

Dave H.