Re: PHONE SUPPORT: No longer possible to get through to PC-Network group at phone support?

From: Mike McCurdy <mccurdy_at_ucsvax.sdsu.edu>
Date: 1995/11/16

In article <48fcre$17m_at_news-1.boco.co.gov>, jwdxt_at_boco.co.gov (Jim Deeming) wrote:

> The last time I called for tech support on Designer/2000, after holding
 for awhile, a friendly
> recorded message said, "Due to the overwhelming response to our
 Designer/2000 product, current
> response time from the CASE Group is three weeks."
>
> That was accurate, seeing as how my TAR had been open with NO progress
 for three weeks at that
> point. Uh... OOOOPS ?

Yea, except it's not "Due to the overwhelming response ..." that there is no phone support, it's due to Oracle not hiring any/enough people to pick up the slack. I guess they are seeing if they can get away with it without too much customer outrage. Judging from the lack of comment in this group, it's not that big of a deal.

--
Mike McCurdy    mccurdy_at_ucsvax.sdsu.edu
AIX/VMS System Management