Re: PHONE SUPPORT: No longer possible to get through to PC-Network group at phone support?

From: Jim Deeming <jwdxt_at_boco.co.gov>
Date: 1995/11/16

Mike McCurdy (mccurdy_at_ucsvax.sdsu.edu) wrote:

>I called the PC-Network group yesterday and waited on hold for about 15
>minutes, only to receive a message that I should leave a phone message and
>would be called back.

> * I shouldn't have to wait on hold for 15 minutes to leave a phone message
> * No one has called back - 24 hours later.
> * Are there any tricks to getting through to the PC-Network group

>I'd like to see some discussion on Oracle telephone support in this forum
>for the purpose of forcing them to hire more people (at the very least, at
>the front line level to quickly take and acknowledge calls) and to give
>some food for thought to those people trying to decide which database
>software to purchase.

>I just got through with holding and leaving another phone message - it
>only took 8 minutes today; they must have reduced the timeout or
>something.

The last time I called for tech support on Designer/2000, after holding for awhile, a friendly recorded message said, "Due to the overwhelming response to our Designer/2000 product, current response time from the CASE Group is three weeks."

That was accurate, seeing as how my TAR had been open with NO progress for three weeks at that point. Uh... OOOOPS ?

Jim Deeming Received on Thu Nov 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message