How to write to text file in PL/SQL?

From: Howard Cheng <hcheng_at_gpu5.srv.ualberta.ca>
Date: 1995/11/13

Hi,
  I am wondering if there is a way to write some output to a text file while I am executing a PL/SQL routine inside an Oracle form (4.0). I have looked through the PL/SQL reference and the Forms reference, but I can't seem to find anything that is suitable. Are there built-in routines for this kind of things? If not, how do I write output to a text file?

Thanks

Howard

--
Howard Cheng                     e-mail: hcheng_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
University of Alberta                    howard_at_cs.ualberta.ca

Algebraic symbols are used when you do not know what you are talking about.