SQL*Net 2.1 Windows 3.1 and 95 performance question.?

From: Michael Huneycutt <mhuney_at_sonic.urich.edu>
Date: 1995/11/10

Is there a way to prevent SQL*Net 2.1/2.2 from locking my machine while it is going a query to the database. I am running Windows 95 and when I do a select from a large table using sqlplus 3.1 I cannot access anything else until the query is finished and starts returning data. So if I wanted to edit a word document while the query is running I cannot. This also happens under Windows 3.1. Is there a parameter the will stop this, it makes it difficult to multitask.

Mike H. Received on Fri Nov 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message