Re: SunOS 4.1.3 Crashing

From: brad stauf <brad.stauf_at_why.net>
Date: 1995/11/08

tjb839_at_zacatecas.optimum.com (Tim Boemker) wrote:
>I manage a Sun SPARC running Oracle and very little else. Lately, I've
>had a lot of crashes (three this week), and I suspect that Oracle's
>stepping on some bug in the OS. I haven't seen any console messages
>because the machine's used remotely, and there haven't been any crash
>dumps, so I have no idea what that bug might be.
>Has anyone had a similar experience?
>Tim Boemker
>Optimum Group

Yes, we have at Greyhound. Unfortunately we haven't made any progress on fixing it. We are working with Sun and have captured a couple of core dumps from the crashes but nothing yet. We also applied their latest jumbo patch (Number 34? not sure) and it didn't help. I will post an update if we make any progress. FYI we are on Sun Solaris 2.4 running System V 4.0 Unix. brad stauf DOD# 1824 Received on Wed Nov 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message