Re: How to run sql*ldr from pl/sql ?

From: Mike Ziemann East Su <esha1_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: 1995/11/07

> Hi, I would like a pl/sql block to delete a certain amount of records
> from a table and then invoke sql*ldr with passed parameters to load
 some
> new data into the table. Is there any way of starting sqlldr in this
 way
> ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mike Ziemann

>How about:

>!sqlload oraid/passwd

>(escaping to unix from the SQLPLUS script).

>\louis

It is possible to issue !sqlplus oraid/passwd from SQLPLUS but not from PL/SQL. it doesn't enable me to call sqlldr and then continue with execution of the PL/SQL block.
I have many variables in hand, I would then like to run slqldr and then carry on with PL/SQL block and carry on using the variables. Is there some function which will allow me to make a system call to UNIX ?

Mike Ziemann Received on Tue Nov 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message