Q: Reports2.5 accumulated sum of printed pages

From: Axel Rose <rose_at_wmdhh.wmd.de>
Date: 1995/11/07

Hi Netters!

Sorry if this is an obvious question from the manuals. I tried hard to find a solution without success.

I need to show a running summary at the end of each page of an invoice like report.

The output should look like this:

page1

customer1
pos1		$1
pos2		$2
pos3		$3
----------------
sum		$6		; = 1 + 2 + 3

================

page2

customer1
pos4		$4
pos5		$5
pos6		$6
----------------
sum		$21		; = 6 + 4 + 5 + 6

================

page3

customer1
pos7		$3
pos8		$2
pos9		$1
----------------
sum		$27		; = 21 + 3 + 2 +1

I could manage to calculate the sums per page and the grand total (just different "Reset At" page or report) but not the sum of already printed pages.
The difficulty seems to be the page(s) between the first and the last page.

I hope Oracle Reports 2.5 provides a standard way to achieve an accumulated sum per pages. If not I would also like to use a function which is able to store page related values and sum it up myself (how??).

Thanks for any help

Axel

--
Axel Rose - Hamburg, Germany     "Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!
e-mail: rose_at_wmdhh.wmd.de         Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,