Re: PL/SQL error 201

From: Michael Lee Lewis <mll2454_at_tam2000.tamu.edu>
Date: 1995/11/04

I am getting the same type of problem when logged in under my own id.

I am trying to execute a stored procedure through embedded PL/SQL, and I get the error: 'proc_name' not declared in this scope

I tried adding 'extern void proc_name(vartype1, vartype2)' to my C code, but it didn't help.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Michael Lewis (mlewis_at_tamu.edu)

S. Kannan (skannan_at_cardinal.fs.com) wrote:
: Robert Hutchinson (robh_at_pegasus.rutgers.edu) wrote:
: : I am having a problem compiling a PRO*C program which has embedded PL/SQL
: : in it. The PL/SQL block calls a procedure which is part of a package in
: : the database.

: : The package name is SAP_PROCS, and the procedure name is check_upd_frequency.

: : the PL/SQL block in the C program is

: : EXEC SQL EXECUTE

: : BEGIN

: : sap_procs.check_upd_frequency;
: : END;

: : END-EXEC;

: : I am getting the following error from the pre-compiler:

: : "PLS-00201 identifier sap_procs.check_upd_frequency must be declared".

: : Where do I declare it? I have granted execute privelage to PUBLIC
: : on the package. I have followed the example in the PRO*C supplement to
: : the T.

: : Any help appreciated.

: : Rob Hutchinson
: : robh_at_pegasus.rutgers.edu

: Are you logging in with a userid ? Looks to me that you are not logging in
: when you a pre-compiling you pro*c.

: Hope this helps.
: --
: Kannan
: Email: skannan_at_fs.com
: Mastech Systems Corporation

: The above are my own comments and opinion. They do not purport that of
: anybody else.
: ** Different is Not Better. Better is not Different. **