Access PO7 from DOS

From: Udo Becker <udo_at_becker.ping.de>
Date: 1995/11/04

Hi there,

I'd like to know whether it's possible to connect to a Oracle 7 Database running in an Windows 3.1 environment from a DOS-Programm.

I read some hints that it could work if I ran sqlpme before starting Windows in standard-mode, starting up the Database-Instance afterwards and then run my DOS-application in a DOS-Box.

On the other hand the Oracle-Hotline told me that it is quite impossible to get a connection to a PO7-Database from a DOS-application.

Actually I didn't manage to get a connect from a DOS-app. to the database.

Any experiences?
Thanks in advance.

Udo.
## CrossPoint v3.02 ## Received on Sat Nov 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message