Re: How to connect another tablespace?

From: gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca <Gary>
Date: 1995/11/04

> wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK (Mr. Chow Wing Siu) writes:
> Hi,
>
> I have created another tablespace, other than system tablespace.
> But I'm not sure how to use (and mount) this tablespace.
> Would you mind telling me how to do it?
>
> TIA.
> Johnson Chow

Johnson,

I was under the impression that a 'CREATE TABLESPACE ...' command will bring up the tablespace online by default (of course, since I'm not a DBA, I'm probably wrong =8^). Anyways, try the 'alter tablespace xxx online' command, issued from a DBA account.

You'll probably want to grant write ability ('quota') to a user, either during the 'create user...' command or via an 'alter user ...' later. Hope this helps...

Gary Wong (gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca)
Information Technology Consultant
(604) 360-1699 (Voice)
(604) 384-1178 (Fax) Received on Sat Nov 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message