Re: Startup personal oracle

From: gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca <Gary>
Date: 1995/11/03

> John Wassing <jwassing_at_pop.pi.net.nl> writes:
> I have installed personal Oracle, but it is not possible for me to
> mount a database.
>
> I know i have to run the init.ora file, in sql_dba, and before I run the
> file I have to 'connect internal'.
>
> But if I connect internal, oracle wants a password, and I do not know what
> that password is, can someone help me ?
>
> John Wassing
> The Netherlands

John,

Instead of mounting the database via a line command in SQL*DBA, you might want to use the Database Manager icon, which has a 'Startup' button. You'll still need the database password, which is what you were prompted for during the install.

I believe the default (as suggested by the install screen) was 'oracle'. Try that...

Regards,
Gary Wong (gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca)
Information Technology Consultant
(604) 360-1699 (Voice)
(604) 384-1178 (Fax) Received on Fri Nov 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message