Re: Startup personal oracle

From: Ido Lelie <1idolely_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1995/11/03

John Wassing <jwassing_at_pop.pi.net.nl> wrote:

>I have installed personal Oracle, but it is not possible for me to
>mount a database.

>I know i have to run the init.ora file, in sql_dba, and before I run the
>file I have to 'connect internal'.

>But if I connect internal, oracle wants a password, and I do not know what
>that password is, can someone help me ?

As far as I remember you tell the install program wich password you want to use. in the old days the default password for tehuser system was "manager".

By the way, you don't use SQL_DBA to start the database with personal Oracle. There is a utility called Database Manager that acomplishes the task. You still need the password; try a re-install if you can't find it.

Ido Received on Fri Nov 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message