Re: Sybase/Oracle table size limitation / Largest production database

From: <bwytqnr_at_bridge.bst.bls.com>
Date: 1995/11/03

> Is there anyone out there that has implemented a Sybase/Oracle table within
> database instance that is greater than 1 million rows? How large was it
> and what platform were you using?
>
> I have been told by knowledgable DBAs that both Oracle and Sybase
 performance
> goes down the toilet after about 1 million rows due to the index
> mechanism. This may apply to insert, delete, update and/or read.
>
> Has anyone done benchmarks to this effect, i.e. response time for each
> type of operation vs. size vs. number of database clients?
>
> Thanks
> Robert Lesieur
> Southwestern Bell

Robert,

  I'd be interested in talking with you about your plans for Oracle/Sybase. If you'd like to you can give me a call at 205-988-1804. I'll be happy to discuss table sizes and performance in an environment similar to yours.

Jim Joslin, Oracle DBA/Product Support
BellSouth Telecommunications, Inc. Received on Fri Nov 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message